• Operates machines to sort stack lumber.
• As a successful applicant, you will demonstrate strong interpersonal skills, be safety and quality oriented, and have good eye/hand co-ordination and take great pride in your work.
• Activates conveyor chain that positions lumber stack over hoist.
• Moves controls to lift hoist slide single layers of lumber onto chains of sorting machine where boards drop into storage pockets according to length.
• Starts chain conveyor in bottom of pocket to transfer lumber onto powered rollers for machine stacking preparatory to kiln drying or shipping.
• Seeking a qualified applicant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in value-add milling and joinery or finishing carpentry.
• Must be punctual and have an excellent attendance record.
• Ability to perform the functions of the role.
• Must be able to work well independently and as a team.
• Works well under pressure.
- Please ensure that your contact information is up to date and complete so that we can contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Phone, online and live interviews (fully spread out in a spacious area to maintain safety) are ongoing until the position is filled. Resumes, and all interviews, are held in confidence. Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application.
- This position offers competitive wage and benefits package along with rewarding opportunities to grow with an industry-leading company.
Email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org