The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Have Costal Log Scaling and log grading experience – Log Scaling licence an asset.
- Have completed technical forestry training and have at least 5 years coastal experience.
- Experience in timber cruising and utilizing log markets and suppliers.
- Maintain safety of self and others as the highest priority.
- Be self-motivated and well organized.
- Be a proficient trouble-shooter and able to complete corrective actions efficiently.
- Be able to work independently and effectively as part of a team, with strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Demonstrate strong mathematical and computer skills including LIMBS, Outlook, Word & Excel
- Be physically fit, flexible to travel including visiting camps and mills along the coast, inspecting dry land sort and booms.
- Preference given to previous coastal junior log buyer/supplier experience.
- Please ensure that your contact information is up to date and complete so that we can contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Phone, online and live interviews (fully spread out in a spacious area to maintain safety) are ongoing until the position is filled. Resumes, and all interviews, are held in confidence. Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application.
- This position offers competitive wage and benefits package along with rewarding opportunities to grow with an industry-leading company.
- Language Skills: Ability to work safely in a production environment using the English Language
- We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org