Our Forestry Division is seeking an experienced Forestry Operations Supervisor to support our quickly growing Port Alberni businesses.
Please note that applicants must be registered with the Association of BC Forest Professionals, possess a valid class 5 BC drivers license, and have a very high level of integrity.
Our ideal candidate has the following skills, characteristics and experiences:
- Strong, natural leader with proven coastal forest industry experience, preferably in the logging operations and logistics areas.
- Efficient knowledge of BC forestry related legislation, policies and procedures
- Experience working collaboratively with coastal First Nations on forest management projects
- Effective team player with sound interpersonal skills
- Capable of creating and maintaining effective long-term mutually beneficial working relationships with contractors and service providers.
- Strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills;
- Experience valuing timber stands and developing accurate proformas, forecasts and budgets
- Ability to successfully manage large, complex projects from start up through completion while liaising with management/ownership as well as other involved stake holders, First Nations, other licensees, bcts etc
Responsibilities of this Position:
- Plan and supervise the contractual requirements of logging and associated operations on related projects, including but not limited to
- Contractor identification/selection, which could involve rate negotiations
- Attendance/participation in prework/safety meetings
- Coordination of the mobilization of applicable road construction and logging equipment and infrastructure
- Ensure all contractual obligations of all aspects of the stump to dump phases are being achieved (includes doing log quality reviews, any required environmental reporting, maintaining internal ledgers/trackers)
- Barging/towing coordination
- Budgeting and financial (margin) analysis related to prospective projects
- Generate comprehensive reports and data from Harvest Billing System
- Identify/pursue/secure new and additional sources of timber volume
- Improve processes and reporting, create efficiencies, and have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Ad hoc and special projects, as required.
San Group offers an excellent compensation package including a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
If this position sounds like the career for you, apply in confidence today by sending us your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.