- Seeking a skilled financial data analyst and collaborative certified accountant to support our rapidly growing Port Alberni businesses.
- The ideal candidate is exceptionally detail-oriented and a key player in process improvement, continuous and innovative excellence.
- Experience reporting under International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”).
- Building sustainability reporting and non-financial data will assist us to grow and market our environmentally symbiotic relationship.
- Maintain accounting policy and procedures. This includes preparing or reviewing research, writing guidelines and technical memos and ensuring our external financial statements reflect our accounting policies.
- You will mentor, develop and train your financial reporting team as we grow.
- Manage external reporting process for financial and non-financial reporting. Specifically, financial statements, ensuring they are reported accurately, on time, and all unusual variances addressed and the findings documented.
- Write the quarterly and annual submissions, using variance analysis and other tools to explain the differences period over period.
- Influence continuous improvement in corporate accounting policy and procedures, ensuring it incorporates all the latest relevant accounting changes and oversee the training of our accountants and managers of any changes.
- Review and approve accounting for unusual or complicated transactions.
- Responsible for equity-based accounting and reporting.
- Improve processes and reporting, create efficiencies, and have a continuous improvement mindset.
- Mentor, develop, and train the financial reporting team and the corporate accountants.
- Play a leadership role in system upgrade and process improvement projects, ensuring the upgrades are adequately tested and the changes documented.
- Work together with internal audit team to ensure all controls are appropriately designed and implemented. Responsible for ensuring all financial reporting internal controls are appropriately designed, implemented and effective.
- Manage quarterly process, including but not limited to timelines and legal obligation and impairment assessments.
- Ad hoc and special projects, as required.
- Professional accounting designation. Experience in both private and public accounting firms in financial reporting is required.
- 6+ years of related experience, 3 of which must be in financial reporting, consolidation, and complex accounting transactions.
- Experience with IFRS and SOX considered an asset.
- Must have strong interpersonal, communication and organizational skills and a detailed and proactive approach to work.
- Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, in particular, Excel.
Experience with Oracle EBS, or JDE accounting software and BI reporting, are considered a strong asset. Note:
- Please ensure that your contact information is up to date and complete so that we can contact you directly to schedule an interview.
- Phone, online and live interviews (fully spread out in a spacious area to maintain safety) are ongoing until the position is filled. Resumes, and all interviews, are held in confidence. Applicants MUST be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application.
- This position offers competitive wage and benefits package along with rewarding opportunities to grow with an industry-leading company.
Email your resume at email@example.com