The ideal candidate for this position will:
- Certification as a Sawfiler.
- Substantial industrial sawfiling experience preferably from a Sawmill or Wood Products industry.
- Extremely detail-oriented with a precision maintenance mindset.
- Exceptional inter-personal and communication skills.
- Excellent problem solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Strong analytical trouble shooting skills, planning skills, along with the ability to work on several priorities concurrently under time constraints.
- Possess a very strong commitment to safety.
Key responsibilities include saw preparation & installation, facing/chipping knife preparation and installation, and troubleshooting all things related to lumber cutting tools and lumber sawing quality. The Certified Sawfiler will be working closely with the Maintenance Supervisor, QC and production staff to optimize mill uptime and availability and maintain our lumber target size tolerances. The Certified Sawfiler will report directly to the Maintenance Supervisor.
Email your resume at email@example.com